OrthoNOW Franchise – Project Date: 2014
Appreciate the kudos from our 2nd generation app developers who helped us create a paradigm shift in how orthopedic/injury care delivered. https://t.co/pVaAXOJjkt
— Alejandro Badia, MD (@drbadia) April 14, 2017
OrthoNOW is a Network for Urgent Care Centers
“OrthoNOW® is a network of specialized urgent care Centers focused on treating the full range of orthopedic and sports medicine injuries and chronic conditions, and provide preventative care, all on a walk-in basis. Injuries we treat include anything related to the foot, ankle, knee, hip, wrist, hand, elbow, shoulder and spine, in addition to pre-concussion testing. We treat aches, breaks, pains, and strains.” – Source: OrthoNOW.com
My role as a Cloud Consultant Professional was to understand the needs of the business to a conduct a cloud migration, dashboard interface, and enhanced mapping experiene all on Microsoft’s Azure.
OrthoNow sought help understanding how to leverage the Cloud Computing and Product Management to maximize the features in their 2nd generation app. Their question, “How can we leverage latest design and cloud technologies to serve patients to quickly book an appointment”
Providing product guidance and navigation for their Mobile App
To start the project, we sat down to review over the scope of needs for the specific stakeholder. After understanding the core needs we went over the current user scenario then the ideal scenario. The stakeholder then provided access to their database and current infrastructure for review.
After the review session a plan was proposed from start date to end date on reaching their goals. We held a kickoff meeting where we went through high-level requirements that outlined the vision, goals, and strategic plans for their mobile application.
Some of the goals discovered:
- Provide a simple interface and experience internally to update the database of centers.
- Adhere and document best IOS and Android design practices for building a native application.
- Add new more modern mapping functionality that matched firms like Uber and Lyft functionality/design.
- Lower cost of hosting this application leveraging Microsoft’s Azure.
Save time + money with better design and testing
Compliance and regulation in health care were important for the client. We spent time reviewing the needs and the work we went through. Through status updates and check-ins on work, I provided the following deliverable items through the duration of this contract.
- Newly designed and documentation guidelines for native application for IOS and Android versions.
- A measurable way to track users and feedback of the mapping feature using existing SQL Database queries.
- A simple walk-through for updating the database of retail centers through a Graphical User Interface.
Morden technology for this client was having a HIPAA client way to serve their population with 21st century designs and processing for the Urgent Care Franchise Network.
*This was a 2nd generation release in 2014. The app has changed a lot since then.